Thursday, October 1, 2009

Anak Jagung Manis

Sweet Baby Corn



Unlike in Peninsular where baby corn is normally being used a garnish in their dishes, for us we use baby corn as the central ingredient in our vegetable dish.


Sweet baby corn can be cooked in many styles. One of the most authentic Hunter's style is Sweet Baby Corn Belachan Stir-Fried. The recipe is like most of the Belachan Fried Vege's.

Garlic and Shallot
Anchovies
Sambal Belachan
Small cup of water
Salt

Method is simple too. Saute garlic, shallot and anchovies, add in baby corn and stir fried. After slightly soften, add-in sambal belachan and stir again until mixed evenly. Add a bit of water and salt to taste. And it's done.

For the photo above, I only used garlic, shallot, anchovies/small meat or chicken pieaces as a garnish. Fried the anchovies or meat, put aside. Saute garlic and shallot. Add in back the anchovies/meat, and add in julienne carrot if you like. Stir fried, add salt to taste. Add a bit of water if you like. Serve.

4 comments:

Jimbo™ said...

i miss my mom! haha... love this blog, especially the kacang ma post. Trust me i can finish the whole pot everytime my mom cooks it.

Nimi Momo said...

Hi Jimbo! Welcome to my blog. Thanks for leaving a comment. At least I know I have a fan now haha! I din't know guys do like kacang ma too?

Jimbo™ said...

you know anything about the durian flower cooked in curry gravy? thats my favorite too! but im not sure if that is dayak's cooking.

Nimi Momo said...

yep, i know about it. but the timing is never right for me to get my hands on it. yes, it is a dayak cooking, and it's delicious right? :D